This Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing is zesty, vibrant and brings liveliness to my salads. I’ve had this style dressing on side salads at Japanese restaurants and I love it. I’m so happy I can have this yummy dressing at home!
Enjoy this dressing in salads & bowls with
- mixed greens
- sliced avocado
- sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- shredded carrots & purple cabbage
- tart apple slices
- orange slices
- chopped mint leaves
- sliced scallions
- Oven-Baked Sriracha Tofu
- 5-Minute Garlic Hemp Seed Parm a.k.a. Garlic Shake
Food processor or blender?
This dressing doesn’t get super smooth in the food processor, but that’s the way I like it. Much like the restaurant version, it has a fresh, yet gritty texture from the carrots. If you want it smoother, I recommend making it in the blender.
If you’d like, you can use 1 TBSP of jarred ginger instead of peeled fresh ginger.
Baby carrots also work for this recipe. No need to peel or chop.
The sweetness of carrots can vary. If the dressing ends up a little sweeter than you were hoping, just add some more miso or balance the flavors with salt or lime juice. If you want to mellow out the flavors, you can add a touch more water or olive oil.
Let’s Make Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing!
Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Use a blender for smoother results.
Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- 2 large carrots ~200 grams Peeled; rough chop or use ~200 grams baby carrots without peeling or chopping
- 1 -1½ inch piece ginger ~9 grams Peeled; rough chopped , ~ 1 TBSP jarred ginger
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 TBSPs water
- 3 TBSPs white miso paste
- 2 TBSPs extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 TBSP sugar or maple syrup
- 1 TBSP toasted sesame oil
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Use a blender for smoother results.
For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
If you like this recipe, you might also like
- Creamy Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Oil-Free Vegan Mayo
- Cilantro Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Miso Oven Glazed Yams
- Miso Rice Cake Soup
Did you make Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing?
Was it tasty? What did you eat it with? Will you make it again? Tell me more in the comments section below.