I’m a gravy person, and this Amazing Creamy Vegan Biscuit Gravy is freaking delicious. This stuff is rich & oh-so-creamy. It’s gravy magic.
This gravy post is adapted from the gravy in Vegan Swedish Meatless Balls.
What should you eat with this gravy?
- Almost everything
- Whatever you put gravy on
- Vegan Sourdough Starter Biscuits
- Vegan biscuits, english muffins or toast
- Potatoes: Vegan Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (No-Drain) or Crispy Roasted Vegan Garlic Potatoes
Ingredients for gravy
I use Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened Almond Yogurt. The key here is an unsweetened, neutral-tasting vegan yogurt.
I like adding non-fortified nutritional yeast to this gravy. It adds a nice depth of flavor. If you are using fortified instead of unfortified, just use a small amount, like a teaspoon.
I find that fortified nutritional yeast has a vitamin-y, synthetic taste. You could also skip the nooch all together and it will still be amazing gravy.
Nutritional yeast is typically gluten-free.
I use Pacific Mushroom Broth for this recipe. In addition to being vegan, it’s gluten-free. Unfortunately, other mushroom bases I’ve seen contain whey and other forms of dairy.
I use AP flour. If you need this to be gluten-free use a 1-to-1 gluten-free flour. I do not recommend almond flour for this gravy.
If you are using a non-stick pan, use a coated whisk like this awesome silicon coated whisk. Otherwise, a regular whisk in a regular sauce pot works too.
Let’s Make Amazing Creamy Vegan Biscuit Gravy
Melt Earth Balance in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
Then whisk in onion powder, garlic powder, and flour. Let it bubble, whisking occasionally for a few minutes to remove any floury taste.
Next, add broth, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Whisk until smooth.
Whisk in yogurt and reduce to low heat.
Adjust consistency to preference with more broth. Season to taste. Serve & Enjoy!
Amazing Creamy Vegan Biscuit Gravy
- 3 TBSPs Earth Balance
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 TBSP flour sub 1-to-1 gluten-free flour, if gluten-free; Almond flour will not work
- 1 & 1/2 cups mushroom broth more to thin gravy, if desired
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt I use Kite Hill Plain Unsweetened Almond
- 1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP unfortified nutritional yeast less if using fortified
- Melt Earth Balance in a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Then whisk in onion powder, garlic powder, and flour. Let it bubble, whisking occasionally for a few minutes to remove any floury taste.
- Add broth, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in yogurt and reduce to low heat.
- Adjust consistency to preference with more broth. Season to taste. Serve & Enjoy!
For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also enjoy
- Amazing Vegan Mushroom Gravy
- Amazing No-Chicken Vegan Gravy
- Vegan Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (No-Drain)
- Vegan Swedish Meatless Balls
- Mom’s Spaghetti Sauce (Red Gravy)
- Dreamy Vegan Cashew Cream Cheese
- Vegan Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Did You Make Amazing Creamy Vegan Biscuit Gravy?
How was it? Any variations? Tell me about it in the comments below. If this recipe went well for you, please leave a 5-star rating in the recipe card to help others find it.