This Make Your Own Gluten-Free Flour Blend is an easy-to-make staple to have around for baked goods. This works well in place of AP flour & whole wheat flour. I’ve also used this blend in my Amazing No-Chicken Vegan Gravy with great success.
If you want to mess with people in your household you can leave a little pile of this on the countertop next to a rolled-up dollar bill & a credit card. If people in your household are old enough, it might trigger Studio 54 flashbacks. I am so close to closing my computer and streaming Boogie Nights right now.
Make Your Own Gluten-Free Flour Blend Ingredients
Brown Rice Flour
White Rice Flour
How To Make Your Own Gluten-Free Flour Blend
Combine all ingredients by shaking or whisking in an air-tight container. If using fairly soon, you can use a freezer bag. I usually use a big jar with a lid.
Before using, recombine the ingredients because it will settle in the container. Do this by whisking, shaking or both. Use in place of AP or whole wheat flour in a 1:1 ratio.
To enhance to binding you would normally get gluten from gluten, you can add a pinch of xanthan gum, but I typically don’t do this when I use it.
Sometimes when working with gluten-free flour the results can vary from recipe to recipe. I find that consistently this works best on a wide variety of recipes. However, patience & experimentation is helpful when working with gluten-free baking.
Make Your Own Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- 1 & 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- Combine all ingredients by shaking or whisking in an air-tight container. If using fairly soon, you can use a freezer bag. I usually use a big jar with a lid.
- Before using, recombine the ingredients because it will settle in the container. Do this by whisking, shaking or both. Use in place of AP or whole wheat flour in a 1:1 ratio.
For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links. I only link to products I have personally purchased & use myself. If you use these links to buy product I might receive a small compensation. Thank you for your support!
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy
- Easy Cakes (Minimalist Gluten-Free Vegan Protein Pancakes)
- Vegan Swedish Meatless Balls
- Rich Salted Chocolate Vegan Tarts (made in jar lids)
- Vegan Jackfruit Barbacoa (Both Instant Pot & Stove Top + Oven Instructions)
- Vegan Garlic Alfredo Sauce
Did You Make Your Own Gluten-Free Flour Blend?
Will you make this again? Which baked goods or recipes did you use it with? Tell me all about it in the comments section below! If this recipe went well for you, pretty please leave a 5-star rating on the recipe card to help others find it.