Lux Oil-free Vegan Sriracha Mayo is scrumdiddlyumptious & easy to make. The secret to the lux-richness is using more cashews than I use in my Oil-Free Vegan Mayo. The use of extra cashews makes this more like an aioli and less like Miracle Whip. If you just want to make a richer mayo, you can leave out the sriracha or you can have both by only adding sriracha to some of the mayo, which is what I do.
Versatile & Oil-free
I really like things when they are super tasty & oil-free. This recipe contains no refined oils.
I’ve got big plans for this spicy mayo. You’ll see it again. Until then, it’s great on sandwiches, wraps, fries, vegan nuggets, tots, and veggies. Once you taste it, you’ll know what to do.
I recommend soaking the cashews overnight in the fridge or boiling them and letting them sit for around 10 minutes in the hot water before draining. This helps make the mayo extra creamy, even when you have an insane blender.
You can use raw or roasted cashews. If your cashews are salted, taste the mayo before adding salt.
If you want to save money on cashews, I recommend buying cashew pieces as opposed to whole cashews. When measuring the cashew pieces go scant a cup or weigh the cashews on a food scale.
Silken tofu is a custard style tofu. You can also use it to make pudding.
Let’s Make Lux Oil-free Vegan Sriracha Mayo
Let unpackaged silken tofu sit in a bowl. The water will separate out. Drain the water, holding back the tofu.
Add all ingredients, except sriracha, to blender and blend until light and creamy.
Stir sriracha into mayo. I usually do 1/2 cup mayo & 1 TBSP sriracha which is a bit spicy. Then add more sriracha to make it spicier or more mayo to tone it down.
You can turn all of it into sriracha mayo or you can keep some just as mayo.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Stir before each use.
Lux Oil-free Vegan Sriracha Mayo
- High-Powered Blender
- 12 oz package silken tofu
- 1 cup (145 g) raw or roasted cashews soaked overnight in the fridge and drained or boiled and soaked in hot water for a few minutes and drained. Measure cashews before soaking or boiling; if using salted cashews wait to add salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard any variety
- 1/8 teaspoon onion granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 TBSPs lemon juice
- sriracha I recommend starting with 1 TBSP per 1/2 cup of mayo, add more mayo if it's too hot & spicy
- Let unpackaged silken tofu sit in a bowl. The water will separate out. Drain the water, holding back the tofu.
- Add all ingredients, except sriracha, to blender and blend until light and creamy.
- Stir sriracha into mayo. I usually do 1/2 cup mayo & 1 TBSP sriracha which is a bit spicy. Then add more sriracha to make it spicier or more mayo to tone it down. You can turn all of it into sriracha mayo or you can keep some just as mayo.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Stir before each use.
For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links. Thank you for your support!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy
- Oven-Baked Sriracha Tofu
- Grilled Avocado & Vegan Crab-less Salad Wrap
- Easy Vegan Nacho Cheese Queso
- Rich Creamy Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Easy Vegan Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat
- Oil-Free Creamy Vegan Caesar Salad Dressing
- Crazy Good No-Peanut Sauce
Did You Make Lux Oil-free Vegan Sriracha Mayo?
What did you eat it with? How much sriracha did you use? Tell me about it in the comments section below. If this recipe went well for you, please leave a 5-star rating on the recipe card to help others find it.