This Oil-Free Vegan Mayo is easy to make, guilt-free and perfect in so many things. It definitely checks the mayo and Miracle Whip boxes for me.
Store-bought vegan mayos taste a lot like mayo, but they are usually made of mostly oil. Here’s a great way to lose the oil in your mayo and not even miss it.
Use this Oil-Free Vegan Mayo:
- In Oil-Free Crab-less Flaked Salad
- On sandwiches
- In wraps
- As a sauce or dressing base
- How you would mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
Silken tofu is not like regular tofu. It is packaged in a similar way, but it’s custard-style tofu. This recipe needs silken tofu. Otherwise, it just doesn’t work.
I’ve used many different brands. I’ve used lite-firm, extra-firm and unspecified; it just needs to be silken. Also, packaging ranges from 12 oz – 16 oz, which also doesn’t matter you can just add more salt, granulated onion powder, prepared mustard or lemon juice if needed.
Silken tofu does not need to be pressed. I don’t really think it’s possible to press it. Just set it into a bowl and let it sit for a few minutes and some of the water leaches out. Then pour the water off while holding back the tofu.
Let’s Make Oil-Free Vegan Mayo
Let unpackaged silken tofu sit in a bowl. The water will separate out. Drain the water, holding back the tofu.
Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until light and creamy. Taste, add more salt if desired and blend some more.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Stir before each use.
Oil-Free Vegan Mayo
- 14 oz package silken tofu (package sizes vary 12 oz – 16 oz all work) It must be silken (custard style) regular tofu will not work for this recipe
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in the fridge and drained or boiled and soaked in hot water for a few minutes and drained. Measure cashews before soaking or boiling
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard any variety
- 1/8 teaspoon onion granules
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 TBSPs lemon juice
- Let unpackaged silken tofu sit in a bowl. The water will separate out. Drain the water, holding back the tofu.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until light and creamy. Taste, add more salt if desired and blend some more.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Stir before each use.
For your shopping convenience, this post contains affiliate links.
Did you make Oil-Free Vegan Mayo? What did you do with it? Tell me about it in the comments section below.